Assalaamu Alakium Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Most of us are familiar with the saying of our Prophet, peace be upon him:
“How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for his affairs are all good, and this applies to, no one but the believer. If something good happens to him, he is thankful for it and that is good for him. If something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience and that is good for him.” (Narrated by Muslim)
Alhamdulillah, Muslims in Irving, like other places have been patient. ICI has been under lockdown since March 13, 2020 and people are eager to return to the Masjid as soon as the situation will allow. However, that has not deterred our community from staying engaged with our deen and to continue doing good. To stay connected with you, ICI has gone “online”. Below is a sample list of programs that have been initiated:
- The ICI Emergency Response Team has been active fielding calls from community members who need various sorts of assistance – be it running a grocery errand, picking-up and delivering prescription medication or processing request for financial assistance.
- The ICI/ICNA team has been distributing food packages
- Imam Kashif has been delivering Ju’muah “reflections”, reminders and conducting Live Q/A couple of times a week. He also conducts Ramadan prep sessions (Mondays thru Thursdays) and a sister’s session every Tuesday evenings
- There are 3 daily Khateras conducted by Imam Kashif, Mufti Muntasir and Ustadth Yusuf Jaber. These are posted online in Facebook and Irving Masjid Youtube.
- Chaplain Saeed Purcell posts reminders every Monday evenings
- Four different fiqh classes are being held with total enrollment of 80 students
- Insha Allah we are still planning on Tele-Health to start soon – in the meantime our physicians are helping the ICI community with prescription refills.
I also want to take this opportunity to remind you that Masjid must continue to pay for fixed operational expenses and invite you to participate at www.irvingmasjid.org/donate.
Jazakum Allah Khairun,