The core objective of the Social Services Committee is to keep strong bonds among members of the Muslim community in Irving. The Committee will work together with other Islamic centers in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex to undertake social programs and to promote Unity. The Committee will strive – God willing – to hold the rope of God strongly and help the community to be united and steadfast in the face of calamities and difficulties. The committee will work to provide solutions to social problems, to provide financial assistance to the needy, to help community members in home/apartment locating.
The following are the additional areas in which the committee provides services for the Irving community:
- Help in educating Muslims about their civil rights
- Help in Child protection services cases
- Guidance on getting Food stamps
- Guidance on Unemployment benefits claims
- Help in Emergency relief efforts
- Marriage counseling by a certified Imam and conselor
- Support for fund-raising activities
- Help educate Muslims on Political empowerment
- To help the needy Muslims with Financial Aid and Sadaqa
Please e-mail SocialService@Irvingmasjid.org to volunteer or to get help from the social service committee.