Based on the decision of major organizations along with the Imam Council of North Taxes, ICI has decided that tomorrow, Saturday May 23, 2020, will be the 30th of Ramadan due to the lack of credible sightings that are free of strong scientific doubts. Based on this, Sunday May 24, 2020 will be the beginning of Shawwal and Eid al-Fitr.
Method of Praying Eid Salah at Home
- Make the intention to perform Eid prayer 2 Rakah with 12 additional Takbeerat.
- Give the opening takbeer (‘Allahu Akbar’)
- Say the opening supplication
- Give 7 more takbeer raising your hands out for each.
- Recite Surah al-Fatihah and an additional surah
- Say ‘Allahu Akbar’ while moving into ruku and complete the prayer cycle as usual
- In the second Rakah, Give 5 additional takbeer raising your hands out for each.
- After the Fifth and final takbir, recite surah Fatiha and surah
- Say ‘Allahu Akbar’ while moving into the bowing position and complete the prayer cycle as usual.